Pumpkin Spice Latte VEGAN cheesecake.... yup. Pumpkin. Espresso. Cheesecake. Game over. This is incredible easy to make and I assure you, you won't be disappointed.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Vegan Cheesecake
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1 tbsp flax seeds
8 medjool dates, soaked for 10 minutes
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 20 minutes in boiling water
10 medjool dates, soaked for 10 minutes
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup coconut milk (cool canned coconut milk so the milk and oil separate. Measure the thickened milk, may need two cans to make 1 cup)
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
2 tsp instant espresso powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 heaping tsp all spice
1/4 heaping tsp cloves
pinch of salt
Cinnamon Caramel Pecan Topping
1/2 cup pecans
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut sugar
pinch of cinnamon
Make the crust
- Add the pecans and cashews in a food processor and process for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove pits from soaked dates and add them to the food processor along with the rest of the crust ingredients. Blitz again until everything binds together.
- In a 8-9 inch springform pan, firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan. Using the bottom of a glass works well.
- Place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the filling
- Add all the ingredients into a high-speed blender, ensuring pits are removed from soaked dates.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly combined. Filling should be smooth and creamy. Note: I had to use a damper to help the blending process. If you do not have a high-speed blender, add ingredients 2-3 items at a time and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling into springform pan and chill for 4 hours, or 2 in the freezer.
Add the toppings
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add oil, sugar and syrup and heat until everything melts and combines. Add in the pecans and cinnamon and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle over chilled cheesecake and serve.