We just experienced the first snowfall of the year. Whenever that happens, I immediately pull out all my favorite sweaters and blankets because I love being cozy.
Hope you enjoy this deliciously cozy breakfast recipe.
Pumpkin Oatmeal with Cranberry Compote
1/2 cup water
1 lemon or orange
4 tbsp sugar, either white or coconut
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
dash of cinnamon
dash of cloves
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
Pumpkin pie spice or, dash or cinnamon and all spice
2 tbsp sugar, brown or coconut
- In a medium sauce pan, add 1/2 cup of water.
- Zest the lemon or orange into the water.
- Next, juice the lemon or orange into the water.
- Turn your stove on to high heat and add the sugar and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While the cranberries are simmering, start cooking the oatmeal
- In another saucepan, add 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup or rolled oats.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat on low.
- Add the pumpkin puree, spices and sugar. Mix to fully combine.
- Leave on low heat, covered for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add your cooked oatmeal and top with the cranberry compote.
- Drizzle with maple syrup to taste.
- You may add additional toppings such as pecans, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!