Short on time, cutting the squash in half, cuts...you guessed it, half the cooking time!
I love butternut squash, it's so versatile, easy to cook and is large enough that it goes a long way. If you're on a budget, this is a great option for you. With the holidays coming up, this can make the perfect center piece for your vegan feast. Enjoy!
Roasted Butternut Squash
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut the squash in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and stingy bits from the center.
- Coat generously with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover a baking sheet in foil, shiny side up. This makes for an easy cleanup.
- Place squash cut side down, this helps to not dehydrate it while cooking.
- Roast for 35-60 minutes, depending on the size of your quash and variances in ovens.
- Squash should be done when the inside seems soft (stick a fork in to check), the outside should be starting to brown.