Make this easy and delicious dish at your next family gathering!
Orange, Leek & Mushroom Rice Pilaf
1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice
2 cups chopped Shiitake mushrooms
1 organic orange
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped purple cabbage
3 sticks of celery
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
1 tsp liquid aminos (can sub. soy sauce)
- Cook rice according to packaging instructions. Use vegetable broth instead of water.
- In a large pan, sauté onions and celery over medium heat in a bit of olive oil.
- Using the white part of the leeks only, slice down the middle and then chop to create half circles. Add to pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms, cabbage and garlic.
- Zest orange into the mixture.
- Once the mushrooms and cabbage seem done, add the cooked rice and thoroughly combine. Add more oil if needed.
- Next, add the rest of the seasonings - thyme leaves, liquid aminos and salt and pepper to taste. Juice the orange and add to the mix if you like a deeper orange flavour.
- Serve and enjoy!