A Jamie Oliver classic, perfect roasted potatoes!
Perfect Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary and Lemon
10-12 medium-large yellow potatoes, peeled
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 yellow onion, largely chopped
1 bulb of garlic, cloves peeled
Red wine vinegar or white vinegar
2-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
Salt & Pepper
Parboil the potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil salted water and add peeled potatoes. Parboil for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes in a colander and toss them a bit to rough up the edges. This will help get a nice crispy skin.
- In a large baking dish, add a generous amount of olive oil (approx. 3 tbsp) and toss in the potatoes and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
Prepare the seasonings
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the seasonings.
- Add a tbsp of oil to a bowl, strip off leaves of rosemary and toss them in. Add peeled garlic cloves along with a few swigs of vinegar. Zest and juice the lemon into mix and thoroughly combine.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and gently flip them over.
- Pour the seasoning over the potatoes and add the chopped onions
- Pop the potatoes back in the oven for another 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.