Try this mouth-watering sammie, it's messy but totally worth it!
Pineapple Chipotle Vegan Pulled Chicken Sandwich
Sweet Potato Crisps
1 large sweet potato, the longest one you can find
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
pinch of sea salt
2 cups shredded red and green cabbage
handful of chopped kale
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup vegan mayo
salt & pepper taste
3 Gardein Chick'n Scallopini or 1 can of Jackfruit in brine, drained and hard centers removed.
Pineapple Chipotle Sauce - recipe
Buns of choice
Prepare Sweet Potato Crisps
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Run the sweat potato through a spiralizer.
- Add spiralized sweet potato to a bowl and add the rest of the spices. Toss to combine.
- Place sweet potato on a baking sheet cover with tinfoil. Spread it out so its an even layer.
- Bake for 20-15 minutes. Check often to ensure it doesn't burn.
- In a medium bowl, add the lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the shredded cabbage and kale, mix to combine. Place in fridge until ready to use.
Prepare "chicken" and build your sammie
- Place a skillet on med-high, and cook the chick'n or jackfruit. Add the pineapple chipotle sauce just to cover, plus a bit more. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toast your buns, optional.
- To build your sandwich, start with the chicken, then the slaw and top it with the spiralized sweet potato. Serve and enjoy!