Say hello to this SUPER easy recipe, perfect for lunch, a snack of if you're on-the-go!
I'm often asked what I make for lunch or what are some ideas for quick meals. I always try to make left-overs, but if I have none, then salads, sammies or wraps are my go-to quick meals. I basically toss whatever I have left in the fridge and make into some sort of meal. This is how I came up with this quick and easy wrap. It's perfect because the filling makes enough for a few days worth of meals!
BBQ Chickpea & Avocado Wrap
1 - 15 oz can of chickpea aka garbanzo beans
1/4 cup vegan mayo
juice from 1/2 a lemon
2 tbsp dill pickle brine
1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
1/2small red onion - finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
salt & pepper to taste
Tortillas & Toppings
Tortillas of choice
1/2 ripe avocado
1/2 red or green pepper, thinly sliced
handful of sprouts
handful of greens - your choice!
Any other veggies you like
Prepare the filling
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium sized bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, smash the chickpeas until they almost become a paste.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients to the bowl and fully combine.
- Set aside.
Build your wrap
- Take a tortilla and lay it flat on your work space.
- Slice the avocado and place the pieces in the center of the tortilla.
- Use a fork to mash it down and spread around. Sprinkle with chili flakes (optional)
- Next, spoon some of the chickpea filling on top of the mashed avocado.
- Add your favorite toppings and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- Wrap and serve!
The chickpea filling can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.