This veggie packed dish can be made in under 15 minutes!
This type of recipe is usually a go-to dish for a weeknight. It's super quick, easy and delicious. I've loaded in the veggies for this recipe, but whatever you have on hand will do the trick. Enjoy!
Pad Thai with Smoked Tofu
1-2 tbsp sesame oil - or other high heat oil such as, avocado, peanut or grapeseed.
1 small to medium red pepper - julienned
1/2 small red onion - julienned
1 small to medium carrot - julienned
1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
2 handfuls of bean sprouts
Handful of green onions, chopped
1/3 of a block of smoked tofu, julienned
1 package of noodles of choice (I used soba noodles)
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 tsp tamari
1 tsp Bragg liquid aminos
Handful of crushed peanuts
Green onion slivers
Black or white sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to packaging and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large/deep pan with sesame oil on medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, toss in all the vegetables except bean sprouts and green onions.
- Fry the vegetables, constantly stirring them for 2 minutes. They will cook quickly so be careful not to burn them. Lower heat if necessary.
- Next - add in the sprouts, green onions and tofu and toss until everything is combined.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce and the cooked noodles. Gently toss to combine everything.
- Garnish and serve immediately.