You may never eat sweet potato fries the same way ever again!
Loaded Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Ranch Dressing
Sweet Potato Fries
2 sweet potatoes, sliced into strips
1 tbsp tapioca starch or corn starch
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
pinch of salt & pepper
Avocado Ranch Dressing
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup vegan mayo
1/2 cup hemp seeds
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dried dill
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp chives
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp salt
handful of baby arugula
handful of pea shoots
small handful of alfalfa sprouts
1 large red kale leaf, stem removed and thinly sliced
1 yellow hot pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
2 firm vine tomatoes, sliced into equal chunks
small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 a lime
Bake the sweet potato fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss cut sweet potatoes with the tapioca starch. Mix them with your hands until the starch has mostly absorbed.
- Add the olive oil and the rest of the spices. Toss again to coat evenly.
- Using a large non-stick baking tray, place the seasoned fries in a single layer, giving them each a bit of room, so they aren't crammed together.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on how crispy you like them. Flip fries half way through.
Make the avocado ranch dressing
- Using a food processor, toss in all the ingredients and blend for 2-3 minutes, until its nice and smooth. Add more liquid, such as almond milk or water, to thin out for desired consistency.
Adding the toppings
- In a small bowl, toss the sliced tomatoes, red onions and fresh parsley together until combined.
- Make a bedding of greens on your plate of choice. I used baby arugula, pea shoots, spouts and thinly sliced red kale.
- Add your baked fries on top and drizzle desired amount of avocado ranch dressing on top of them.
- Sprinkle the tomato mixture on top and the sliced hot pepper.
- Finish it off with a fresh squeeze of lime juice from half a lime.
- Serve immediately. Best eaten with a fork so you can get all the toppings in one mouth full.