Try this guilt-free dessert made with frozen bananas and chickpea cookie dough. Trust me, it doesn't disappoint!
Vegan Cookie Dough Blizzard
1 - 14 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp PB2 (optional)
2 tbsp coconut flour, or flour of choice
1 heaping tbsp cashew nut butter, or nut butter of choice
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
3 frozen bananas
2 dates, pitted
1/2 cup coconut milk
couple pieces of dark chocolate
1 tsp cacao powder (optional)
Start with cookie dough
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chickpeas. Add them and the rest of the ingredients, except the chocolate chips to a food processor.
- Blend until combined, about a minute or two.
- Turn mixture out into a medium bowl. Add the chocolate chips and use a spoon to fold them into the mixture. Chill it in a fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Make the nice cream
- Using a high-speed blender add in the frozen bananas, dates, and coconut milk. Blend until smooth. Add more liquid if required. I recommend using a damper to help the blending process.
- Once it's blended, add some chocolate shavings (use a cheese grater for fast results) and the cacao powder. Use a spoon to gently combine.
- Get your cookie dough mixture and pinch off small pieces of the dough and toss them into the nice cream. Add as much you want and gently combine. Serve immediately.