Can't go wrong with the perfect summer side dish - easy potato salad with a little zing!
This recipe was requested by my boyfriend who's favorite side dish in the summer is potato salad. I can thank his Mother and Grandmother for setting the bar high and while my version will never live up to their version, he still gave me the smile and nod while devouring my take on the classic potato salad.
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
6-8 white potatoes
1/4 cup white or cider vinegar
1/4 cup avocado or vegetable oil
handful of raddishes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup of sliced green onions
handful of fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes in water for 25 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a fork.
- Drain and cool potatoes for 10 minutes or so. Potatoes should be cool enough to touch but still warm.
- Peel potatoes, using a sharp knife can make the process easier. Thinly slice and then chop the slices into smaller pieces.
- Place chopped potatoes into medium or large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Taste test and add more vinegar or salt/pepper to your preferred taste.
- Cover and place in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!