Bite into a spicy crunchy chick'n wrap that's 100% plant-based. This wrap will leave you drooling for more.
Chipotle Popcorn Chicken Wrap
2 cups soya chunks
1 cup vegetable stock
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp soy sauce or liquid aminos
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp Spike's gourmet natural seasoning (optional)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
whole wheat tortillas
greens such as lettuce and cabbage, shredded
red onions, thinly sliced
Re-hydrate the soya chunks
- In a medium bowl add the vegetable both and seasonings and mix to combine.
- Toss in the dried soya chunks and stir so they're evenly coated with the broth. If you need to add a bit more water or broth, feel free.
- Let that sit for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Create the batter and coat the soya chunks
- In large bowl add all the batter ingredients except the oil, parsley and salt (those come after).
- Using a fork or a whisk mix ingredients to thoroughly combine.
- Once your chunks have soaked up most of the liquid are re-hydrated, toss them into the flour mixture a handful at time.
- Knock the flour coating off on the side of the bowl before placing the chunks on a plate. Repeat until all the chunks have been coated with the flour mixture.
Fry your chick'n
- Using a deep fry pan or wok, add the oil and heat on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your chunks to the oil, carefully so not to splash and burn yourself. Stir occasionally ad fry for 5 minutes or until they're nice and crispy, but not too crispy!
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon the chunks onto a plate with paper towel to help soak up the excess oil.
- Immediately sprinkle some parsley and salt over top.
Built you wrap!
- Lay out a tortilla and smother with a desired amount of chipotle veganaise.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onions.
- Add as many chick'n chunks as you like (or can fit - haha).
- To wrap, fold the sides in first and then the other sides. I recommend using a panini grill or grill pan to fry the wrap for2-4 minutes to help seal the wrap. Slice in half and enjoy!