Easy Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli topped with a Spicy Cheese Sauce - 100% Vegan
Roasted Sweet Potato and Broccoli with Creamy Cheese Sauce
2 sweet potatoes
2 cups of broccoli florets
salt and pepper
Creamy Cheese Sauce
3 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup of non-dairy milk
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp miso paste
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp fresh or dried parsley
1/2 hot red pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Roast the Sweet Potato and Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stab the sweet potatoes with a fork a few times on each side.
- Rub a bit of olive oil over the potatoes to coat. Season with a salt.
- Massage some olive oil over the broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the sweet potato on a baking tray lined with tinfoil for 40 minutes. After 25 minutes, add the broccoli florets.
Make the Creamy Cheese Sauce
- In medium sauce pan melt the vegan butter over medium high heat.
- Once the butter is melted add in the flour and whisk to combined. Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add the non-dairly milk and nutritional yeast to whisk to combine. Add the rest of the ingredients and turn the heat to low.
- You can add more non-dairy milk to get a thinner consistency or add more flour to thicken it. Remove from heat when ready to serve.
Once the roasted vegetables are done, slice the sweet potatoes in half and stuff with the broccoli. Top each sweet potato with the cream sauce.