Give yourself and loved one a superfood infused yogurt and granola bowl to power and fuel your day - xoxo food & love
Superfoods are everywhere now-a-days and while living in North America usually limits us only being able to find the processed powder versions, it's easy to find raw certified organic brands. This is great because it makes it that much easier to incorporate and supplement them into your diet. Here are a few of my faves that I like to have on hand...
- Raw Maca Powder - helps balance hormones and energizes naturally, has an earthy-butterscotch taste
- Lacuma Powder - high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that support your immune system, has a sweet, maple-like taste
- Camu Camu Powder - mother nature's super vitamin C - more than any other food, strengthens immune system, has a sour taste
- Chlorella Powder - helps detoxify heavy metals and toxins from the body and is high in protein, has a bitter-earthy taste
- Spirulina Powder - one of the most nutritionally complete foods out there, is super high in protein and helps your body fight infections, has a bitter-fishy taste
- Goji Berries - high in antioxidants, promotes healthy skin, helps to stabilize blood sugar, has a bitter-tart taste
- Açaí Powder or Frozen Packs - high in antioxidants and may promote fat loss, has a berry-like taste
- Raw Cacao Powder or Nibs - high in antioxidants, iron and magnesium, tastes like chocolate!
- Chia Seeds - good for heart and digestive health, these protein packed seeds are easy to digest and boost energy
- Hemp Seeds - excellent source of fatty acids and contain lot of protein and a good source for energy
Disclaimer - I'm not a medical practitioner or a nutritional expert, so I encourage you to do your own research and learn about the nutritional benefits of each food listed above.
Superfood Infused Yogurt and Granola for Two
Superfood Infused Yogurt
sweetened vanilla yogurt of choice - I used coconut
- - Pink Paradise - -
1/4 tsp goji berry powder
1/4 tsp camu camu powder
pinch of acai powder
- - Ocean Breeze - -
1/4 tsp chlorella powder
pinch of blueberry powder
- - Butterscotch Haze - -
1/4 tsp maca powder
1/4 tsp lacuma powder
pinch of cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tsp maca powder
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup goji berries
1/4 cup mulberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a small bowl stir together melted coconut oil, cacao and maca powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup.
- In a large bowl add the rolled oats, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, tossing the mixture after 15 minutes.
- After removing it from the oven and letting it cool for 5 - 10 minutes, toss the granola with it with your favourite nuts and superfood such as chopped walnuts, coconut flakes, goji berries, mulberries and dark chocolate chunks.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to two weeks.
- Simply combine yogurt and your superfood powders of choice, (some flavour ideas above).
Superfood Infused Yougurt and Granola for Two
- In two bowls, add 3/4 cup - 1 cup of your superfood infused yogurt of choice and top with granola, fresh and/or frozen berries and enjoy!