A quick and nourishing dish that is sure to fuel your soul and satisfy your taste buds.
...Oh and did I mention that this recipe is Boyfriend approved?! Yep, you heard it here first!
Super Easy Nourish Bowl with Brown and Red Rice, Kale and Chia Seeds
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 clove of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
your favourite mixed greens - (I used spring greens mix with a power mix containing shredded brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, broccoli and carrots)
small handful of pea shoots
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup of cooked brown rice with a handful of chopped kale and 1 tsp of chia seeds mixed in - or use Brown and Red Rice w/ Chia and Kale by Seeds of Change
hummus of choice
pickled red cabbage
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the Dijon Vinaigrette until it becomes creamy and set aside.
- Prepare the rice, if you’re using the Seeds of Change pack, only heat for 1 minute as you don’t want the rice to be too hot and wilt the greens in the salad.
- In a large bowl gently toss all the ingredients under the nourish bowl together. Add 1/2 cup of rice mixture per serving. (If you’re making two servings, you would add 1 cup of rice.)
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently combine with your hands.
- Serve with a spoonful of hummus on top and other additional toppings of your choosing, such as avocado slices, hemp seeds and pickled red cabbage.